So I forgot to post a picture of the awesome sewing machine I *acquired*. I say it like that because my Mom said something along the lines of : "Do you want this sewing machine? Could you use it? Because Danyel said she doesn't have any need for it so..." and of course I said, "Heck ya! I'll take it." So I'm not sure of the back story on it, though I know it's the norm for my Grammy to look for sewing machines at rummage sales that are worthy of shining up in hopes of gifting it to somebody, usually a grandchild or the like. When I asked Grammy about said sewing machine, which is complete with a hand-drawn diagram done by my Grammy, (I recognize her drawing and handwriting) she wasn't even sure about it or when she gave it to Della, so maybe these pictures will jog her memory :)
It's a Brother Festival 451

Anyway, I love it! It is so cute! Hot pink and super retro! She threaded it when she shined it up so it was good to go, all I had to do was plug it in and put the pedal to the metal! The first actual sewing I did on it was random mending of things around the house that the kids were super exited to run around looking for! They are fascinated by the machine and what it can do! I fixed the zippers of two couch cushions, the strap of Aspen's snow white purse and a baby stroller seat holder-on thing or whatever it's called. Impressive, I know. So I thought it was time to take it up half a notch. My bestie's Birthday was approaching so I decided to do a crown out of felt and then a tutu skirt. I say half a notch because the skirt was knot tying and I only had to sew a simple crown shape and attach an elastic strap. Piece a cake! I'm fine as long as the thread thingy on the bottom NEVER RUNS OUT! I know I can re-thread the top thingy but the bottom thing just confuses me! So here are the finished projects. Oh, and of course Aspen wanted a crown, too. Actually so does Oakley but I have to do another Hobby Lobby run before I can do the King's crown.

Tutu, crown, and cupcakes I made for my friend Amanda.
AND
here is Aspen's :
Party fun with my girlfriends!
And as if you couldn't tell, I'm really into collages this week so here is my favorite one!
Dude this blog spot is sooo cute!!! I love it! It makes me what to start mine up!!! I love my tutu and crown!!! It really did make me feel like a Princess!
ReplyDeletei cant wait to see what else u come up with to do with that sewing machine.. ya know christmas is less than 90 days away :) I cant believe how big Brecken is getting! He is just the cutest damn thing haha I love when he sticks that lil tongue out! love the shopping cart too haha Love Della
ReplyDelete