Friday, September 10, 2010

Labor Day Weekend

Last weekend was Labor Day and we were lucky enough to have Adam home for a few days. We mostly just hung out here at the house, relaxing and enjoying each other's company. The kids were so very excited, I can't even tell you. The previous week I would walk in my room and find Aspen talking to Adam's picture saying "Daddy is so far away he doesn't know how to get home. I waited and I waited and you aren't coming home. Please come home Daddy because I need you to hug me and kiss me and love me." Seriously brought tears to my eyes. She has such a special bond with her Daddy, this is really hard on all the kids but especially Aspen. They know he doesn't want to be away from us and I try to explain to them that Daddy is working for all of us. Needless to say, they were so happy to have their family together for the weekend.

Random phrases outta the mouths of babes:
Oakley playing with Aspen, smacking his plastic hammer down and says "Order, order in the quarter!"

Aspen loves 'doing' her own hair but constantly reminds me she wishes it was longer, or as she said this week: "Mommy, Gramma 'Nette has rewy big an strong hair like on the tv (referring to pantene commercials) and someday I will have rewy big an strong hair too."

Oakley and Aspen were eating mini-doughnuts and Aspen kept making a cup shape with her hand and then she'd pretend to 'dunk' the doughnut into her hand before eating it and she said "Mommy look we pretending we poweeb obbizers" As is often the case, I couldn't understand her so I just nod and smile (we are working on her "f" and "s" sounds) and Oakley says, "Mommy, Happpy just said we are pretending we are police officers because we are pretending we have coffee and we are dunking our doughnuts in it." I about died laughing because I have no idea where they would even get that from! They certainly weren't trying to be comedic, they just love to imitate anything!


Brecken is crawling faster every day and making it harder to do daily chores! He progressed so fast! It's like I have forgotten all this and I have "been there-done that" twice before! When naptime comes I am so wiped out from the daily routine I find myself sitting down for a break when I normally would utilize the time to do dishes, laundry and everything in between. Oh well, the dishes will get done, my sticky floor will get mopped, the grass will eventually get mowed, how does that saying go? But these babies just won't keep :)

Okay, I googled it ;)

Babies Don’t Keep


by Ruth Hulburt Hamilton


Mother, O Mother, come shake out your cloth,
Empty the dustpan, poison the moth,
Hang out the washing, make up the bed,
Sew on a button and butter the bread.

Where is the mother whose house is so shocking?
She’s up in the nursery, blissfully rocking.
Oh, I’ve grown as shiftless as Little Boy Blue,
Lullabye, rockabye, lullabye loo.
Dishes are waiting and bills are past due
Pat-a-cake, darling, and peek, peekaboo

The shopping’s not done and there’s nothing for stew
And out in the yard there’s a hullabaloo
But I’m playing Kanga and this is my Roo
Look! Aren’t his eyes the most wonderful hue?
Lullabye, rockaby lullabye loo.

The cleaning and scrubbing can wait till tomorrow
But children grow up as I’ve learned to my sorrow.
So quiet down cobwebs; Dust go to sleep!
I’m rocking my baby and babies don’t keep.


                        






1 comment:

  1. somehow i missed reading this blog when i looked at the pics last.. oh my goodness that breaks my heart about what Aspen was saying to Adam's picture! Aww she is the sweetest little dolly :) I LOVE the quotes of the kids u put in here sooo hillarious!! i literally have been cracking up reading them! I can just hear them saying it as i read it lol :) Della

    ReplyDelete