Friday, August 27, 2010

August 27, 2010

Well I haven't blogged in over a year! Yikes! Can I pull the "mom of an infant and 2 toddlers card"? haha. Now that we are in this time of transition, I am feeling the need to get it documented. Of course I am busy doing all the mom things and now running the household by myself, too, but I want to really embrace this change and appreciate everything in our world right now, old and new.

Adam has been in Watertown for 7 and a half weeks now. The kids and I really miss him but we are already planning a trip back next week to visit for a short while. He has been working crazy long hours of vigorous manual labor and he really appreciates having the kids and I around to boost him mentally and physically. We are grateful for every opportunity that has come our way and really feel that a move to SD will be positive for our family and business.

In the mean time I am here with my beautiful little blessings. Oakley has become quite the man of the house and helps me with so many things every day. From buckling his own carseat to retrieving everything at a moments notice like keys, cell phone while ringing, clean diapers, fresh water for his sister, he even yells out the back door at the dogs when they are insistently barking at neighborhood squirrels or runners-by. I can barely believe he is just about to start preschool.

Aspen is my little girly-girl and I wouldn't have it any other way. She loves to put on lipgloss like Mommy and do her hair and of course she absolutely HAS to pick out her own outfit, or rather outfits, being she changes like 4 times a day. But while she loves all things girl, she also loves being outside getting dirty and getting into things. When Oakley finds a toad or worm or most recently, a grasshopper, he always wants her to pick it up first, touch it, or check it out--just to be sure!! And she doesn't ever protest, she dives right in. She is a brave one, as long as Mommy or Daddy are nearby!

Brecken is getting so big, I just want to push the 'pause' button before this first year slips away! He just started trying to crawl, mostly he just scoots around on his butt, leaning and pulling with his upper body while his legs just kinda get in the way and drag behind! His hair is lightening but his eyes remain a marbled navy-blue-brown with lashes that go on and on. His eyes light up and his whole face smiles (when he is happy!) He loves exploring the carpet and seeing what he can find to stick in his mouth. Boy, it sure is a lot harder keeping an area 'baby-proof' when you have 2 toddlers who want to bring everything out and often forget to keep small things away from the baby! Let's see, I have found a quarter in his mouth, a random button, numerous 'Ben 10' pieces and a few 'G. I. Joe' pieces as well! My goodness these kids keep me on my toes!

All for today, I will try to blog more this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment